What are the job opportunities?
In the global industry, there is a strong demand for Computer Engineers particularly those who combine technical skills with good communication skills and team-work ability. Some but not all of the job opportunities can be summarized as follows:
- Working as lecturers or researchers for universities or research centers,
- Working for companies such as banks, airline industries, government departments, consulting companies, and computer organizations that run large computer based systems, and firms specifying computer equipment for a certain application
- Implementing data communication systems and Internet technologies,
- Designing and developing hardware components and interface cards for computer systems,
- Managing and working in high level software development projects,
- Maintaining and administering distributed databases and corporate local area networks.
- Constitutive and administrator engineer in Management Information Systems.
Computers and the Internet are having a great impact on human life and on society. Our lives, starting in the second half of the twentieth century, have become computerized “at the speed of light.” We now live in times referred to as the computer age, the information age, or the Internet age. The Computer Engineering Department offers a unique opportunity for bright young minds to excel themselves in the areas of computer science, computer software, and computer hardware.
Students begin with the introductory courses in procedural and object oriented programming and algorithm design that lay the foundations for the vital intermediate subjects such as data structures and algorithm analysis, operating systems, programming languages, data bases and computer networks, and the Internet. Students also take courses in math, science, and engineering in order to prepare themselves for the more challenging course work and projects ahead.
The faculty members in the Department believe that neither theory nor practice alone is enough in teaching IT. Therefore, courses based on a balance of theory and practice is set up so that students gain a thorough understanding of the subjects in the Department. In order to provide practical experience for our students, our department is equipped with four teaching laboratories, two computer networks laboratory and one wireless networks laboratory. Students use these labs extensively during their four years of study for their assignments, projects, research, and for fun!
Which courses are essential in Computer Engineering?
- Essential Engineering Courses
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Programming Languages
- Operating Systems
- Database Management Systems
- Software Engineering
- Computer Graphics and Image Processing
- Computer Organization and Architecture
- Computer Networks
- Network Security
- Internet Programming
- Artificial Intelligence and Smart Systems
What skills and behaviours are earned in Computer Engineering?
- Ability to think analytical
- Engineering approach
- Mathematical expressions
- Ability to research and learn
- Developing software projects
- Team working, and management techniques
- Effective communication
- Written expression
- Professional attitude and ethics
What properties are asked for candidates of Computer Engineering?
- Interest in computers and new technologies.
- Enjoy solving complex problems.
- Adaptation to new environments and changes.
- Being a hard working.
What is Computer Engineering?
Computer Engineering is an engineering discipline that addresses design, development, and use of computer systems.
How to Contact Us
Email at firstname.lastname@example.org